- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar (I used organic turbinado sugar)
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 0% fat plain Chobani yogurt)
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, don’t bother defrosting). I suspect any muffin-friendly fruit would be great !
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- If you have an electric mixer, use it to beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy (that’s how Deb did it). I mixed the ingredients by hand, with a whisk, since I don’t have an electric mixer.
- Add egg and beat well, then yogurt and zest.
- If you have a sifter, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and sift half of dry ingredients over batter. I don’t have a sifter, so I mixed the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl and added it to the bowl of liquid ingredients.
- Mix until combined.
- Sift (or add) remaining dry ingredients into batter and mix just until the flour disappears.
- Gently fold in your blueberries (or whatever fruit you’re using).
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tops are golden. Enjoy!