Serves : 2
– 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
– 1 teaspoon oil
– ½ cup water, divided
– ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons honey (or sugar or choice)
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
– ½ teaspoon ground ginger
– 1 tablespoon cornstarch
– 1 cup blanched broccoli florets
– Steamed rice or noodles, for serving
– Heat a large skillet medium high heat. Add oil & shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until pink.
– Remove shrimp from pan & add ¼ cup water, soy sauce, honey, garlic, sesame oil, & ginger. Whisk to combine. Bring mixture to a boil. – In a small bowl whisk together cornstarch & remaining 1/4 cup water. – Slowly whisk in the cornstarch mixture into the saucepan & simmer for 3-4 minutes or until thick. – Return shrimp to pan along with 1 cup of blanched broccoli and coat evenly with sauce.
– Serve rice, noodles or a salad.